Last modified: November 14, 2013
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require that you create a Stop for the One account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address and telephone number. You can also do this using Facebook connect.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website. This information includes:
How we use the information we collect
Stop for the One processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Our services let you share information with others. Once you share information in this way, remember that it becomes public information and it may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Stop for the One unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Stop for the One when we have your consent to do so.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Stop for the One if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Stop for the One, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. Zip code is one example of non-personally identifiable information. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Stop for the One reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting or communication (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
Policy Standards. Stop for the One adheres to the U.S. safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
Updating Information. Stop for the One processes personally identifiable information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personally identifiable information needed to provide or improve our products and services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personally identifiable information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personally identifiable information whenever necessary.
Other Websites; Links. This Website may contain links to other web sites. Stop for the One is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Opt-Out/Correct/Delete/Deactivate. You may elect not to receive future communications from Stop for the One, or to discontinue use of our products or services. If you are a registered user, please send an email with your name, email address, and request to opt-out to email@example.com.
Children. The Website is directed at an adult market and is intended for use by adults only. We do not collect personal data from anyone under 13, nor do we allow children under 13 to participate on the Website without prior verified parental consent.